Followers

Pages

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Redbird, redbird what do you see?


A page from Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you see? by Eric Carle and Bill Martin Jr.

Ok, so Nevermore comes and visits me every once in awhile, but he's pretty much a thing of the past. Now meet Loco Louie. Yes, folks, we have been bombarded by a crazy cardinal now.



He attacks our kitchen window at least 20 times a day. And by that I mean each time he "visits", it consists of several hits to the window. Watch this video and see what I mean.




This reminds me of what Rita Rudner said. "Never play peek-a-boo with a child on a long plane trip. There's no end to the game. Finally I grabbed him by the bib and said, Look, it's always gonna be me!"



I feel like grabbing this bird and saying, "Look, it's always gonna be YOU!" When is he going to realize that it's not another male bird, but only him! Maybe all this flying into the window has knocked him senseless.

That's all I know is, it was funny to begin with. Now it's getting frustrating and aggravating as I sit by the kitchen table working on my laptop, tapping at the keys while he's tapping at the window. Kind of freaky.




Then I noticed this bird hanging around. Could he be next? Stay tuned.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

I would love to see a cardinal! You are so lucky, even with him wanting to join you inside, to see such beautiful birds. Your life sounds pretty great. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Valerie said...

Hi Pat, thanks for visiting my blog. You sure lead a different kind of life, perhaps the cardinal wants to be part of it.....

Linda Pendleton said...

Isn't that funny how persistent it is. But I imagine it can drive you nuts hearing that all the time. Maybe you need to tie a flag of some kind that might discourage them.

Valerie said...

Maybe a notice on the window, cardinals only allowed after ... a certain time. I WISH I could see one............

Silver said...

i am so green with envy with what you have described about yourself. "full-timing in our 40 foot fifth wheel for 4 years now. Full-timing means selling our home, storing, selling or throwing away our worldly possessions, and hitting the road.."

wow. I wish i can do that!

~Silver