Followers

Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thursday's Things in a Row

Wow. Hard to believe it's December 1st already! I had to bump my turkey header and search through my photos for a winter scene. Because even though it was a high of 77 yesterday in Arizona, many of you are experiencing cold weather and that white stuff called "snow"!

These weekly "things in a row" posts are coming up faster than I can keep up! The other day Jim and I had stopped at the local mall and I walked past the double-decker carousel. I instantly thought, "Aha! Things in a Row!" Luckily I had my small point and shoot camera in my purse, so I whipped that baby out.



I know you can't see the third animal in that shot, but I wanted you to see how magnificent that tiger looked. Let's see - the things in a row in that shot are his stripes!

The 45,000-pound Victorian carousel cost more than $500,000, stands 26 feet high, and is 36 feet in diameter. It seats 40 and has 24 animals, a spinning teapot and a chariot on the ground level. The upper level has eight animals and two chariots. Riders can choose from a sea dragon, rabbit, eagle, Bengal tiger,  triceratops, giraffe, deer, ostrich, elephant, white tiger, or a gorilla.













I love the reflection in these mirrors that ran completely around the top of the carousel.


The battery in my camera died before I was able to take a photo of the complete carousel, so this photo is from the internet:



What kind of things did you find this week?

16 comments:

Valerie said...

The tiger is terrific, so lifelike. Like you I can't believe it's December already... didn't we just have summer somewhere?

SquirrelQueen said...

That tiger is gorgeous! I love carousels and this one is spectacular.

Brian Miller said...

very cool...carousels are so much fun.....and have such neat animals...

Leovi said...

Framing of this beautiful carousel, my childhood memories ...

Rae said...

I love carousels. Brings back many childhood memories. This one is magnificent. Sure beats those old ones I used to ride as a kid.

Dianne said...

that's a beautiful carousel
I love the tiger
and you're right, the reflections are wonderful

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Wow, your bad baby camera and you make a great team!!!

Wonderful pics of things in a row.

That beautiful carousel reminds me of on at SunRise Mall in Brownsville, TX.

God bless your day sweetie!!! :o)

Unknown said...

That carousel is amazing!

Lesley said...

Wow. I don't think I have ever seen a double decker carousel!

Betty Manousos said...

that tiger is truly amazing!

love the carousel.
thanks so much for sharing.:)
xx

Gail said...

I forgot to ask, which one did you ride?

The first shot counts...there are rows of toes, rows of teeth and rows of stripes just on the tiger!

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

??? Wha'??? Not sure I understand the three things in a row...
Saw if first on Gail's blog..and thought she was just musing..but guess not. It's a meme??

Fantastic photo's of the Merry Go Round..I loved those. Still do even at my age.
I know I am full of questions..but it was in a MALL?? Goodness!! :)
It's gorgeous! Three in a row, huh?
:) Mona

Andy said...

Nice shot. Carousels are gems from the past.

Lynda said...

That is the first I have ever heard of a carousel with two levels! Those are some beautiful animals.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Didn't you secretly want to ride on that beautiful tiger?

kisatrtle said...

Great pics